A Day Off, Yea Right!


Today is a Holiday!
My children were so excited to have a day off of school. So was I until I realized that they would be home with me while I had that day off. So after a late night on sunday evening,we awoke to 6 inches of snow. Not my idea of a holiday (ie beach, sun, water, book). To top it off we have a broken shovel with which to shovel that 6 inches of snow.
I started the day off with a tan in the tanning bed, (yes, I know what you are thinking, but it is my quiet place to hideaway and get a quick nap). After my tan, I started to shovel a path to my back door, as I shoveled around the house and on the sidewalk, I realized that I was in my tennis shoes and my robe. I am sure a site for sore eyes, obviously I didn't care after all- it is a holiday.
After my shoveling, I woke my children and I was so pleased at their bright and smiling faces, especially after I handed them a chore list. I was reminded gently of the holiday and all that it means. They grumbled around the house finding fault with everyone and accomplishing there jobs. For Tanner it meant cleaning out his drawers, a feat in itself. For Annee, she vacumned the front room and put her clothes away. Kellon, well what did Kellon do? Oh yes, he shoveled the driveway, not without reminding me how dumb we are that we don't have a good shovel.
Jameson helped me by taking apart our bathroom vanity so I can redo the finish on it.
Then we headed out to lunch.
After lunch all of my children, headed out to a fun filled day off. I stayed home to a quiet day of work. My holiday consisted of baking bread, painting a cabinet, cleaning the house, fixing my lingerie shop door, putting an order away, doing some ironing and going to lunch with my kids.
After all that i made dinner, and helped Eddie with the bathroom painting and touching up the finish on the vanity. My, I can't wait for another day off.

1 comments:

Yellow Barn Girl said...

No posts since January? You are worse then me!! Just wanted to say thank you for the B-day card. Especially when it was during your sadness. Sorry I missed yours. I sang loud when we called from moms and intended to call you later to chat, somehow that didn't happen. Hope all is well with Eddies family. We were sure sad to hear the news. Talk to you soon. Maybe a short visit is in the works.
Love ya.