Happy New Year only 1 Bathroom.



Our New Year came and went. We are back to the grind stone again. The kids weren't very excited about school starting again, I must say neither was I. Gone are those quiet sleep in mornings. Back to the 6 AM buzzer. The only difference this new year is we are down to one bathroom. YIKES! That in itself is enough to drive a mom crazy.

As most of our family knows. We are a two bathroom family, one of the bathrooms is a small shower only bathroom, primarily a boy bathroom, if you know what I mean(beware before you sit). The other bathroom is a very old shower/tub bathroom upstairs. This bathroom has needed an update for a very long time. Finally the time has come. We decided that the best time to to a updo was during Christmas break, mainly because we wouldn't have to compete for the shower to be somewhere at 8 AM. So on Dec 23rd. Ed and Alex started our version of Extreme Makeover. Out came the old vanity, floor and toilet, fixtures, old wall board and marble shower. Out came the window, a very chilly experience in the middle of winter, but they worked very fast. We were so excited to get started.

Eddie spent most of his days working in the cold garage cutting tile for the bathroom.

He has worked tirelessly to finish the project. It is looking beautiful I am so excited.

Alex and I have grouted the tile. I think that is my calling. I have grouted all of the tile we have in our house. I learned it young. I was thinking about that the other day. I learned this skill from my Dad while grouting the tile in our Horsecreek home. The old blue and pink bathrooms. It wasn't any more fun then.

I had in my mind that we would have 1 week to finish. Well we aren't like the T.V. show, it takes a little longer. I am seeing the end though. We are on hold this week, due to Ed leaving out of town. Hopefully only one more week of sharing the bathroom, we are getting good at staggering those showers, ect.

My little week long project looks more like a month long project.

The best part is when you come to visit, it will be finished and you can sit like a queen in our new bathroom. YEAH!!

0 comments: